Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Such a nice day here in Tennessee today.  Cool and a nice breeze, while out riding today the hubby and I saw the beginning of the Fall colors start to appear.
My favorite time of the year.  An afternoon cup of tea, the birds all flying and eating their food, hummingbirds fighting for that sweet drink of water, how could it get any better. 
I want to share this recipe with you, it is a wonderful Apple Pie one amnd so easy to make,

Apple Crisp

serves 6 to 8



Butter a deep baking dish. Put in it

4 cups peeled sliced tart apples

Mix with a fork (I used a pastry cutter)

3/4 cup flour

1 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup butter

1/4 teaspoon salt

Spread over the apples.



Bake at 350F until the apples are tender and the crust brown (about 30 minutes). Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

My good friend Elizabeth shared it with me.  So tonight it will be this with ice cream on top.  Have a Bless afternoon and Evening.

No comments: