Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

THE BEGINNING OF FALL

Hello and welcome,
well today is the first of September, before long the leaves will all trun their colors of browns, orange, yellows and oh the beauty of Fall.  I have to say this is my favorite part of the seasons.  The hubby and I took a ride the other day into the country and we could see the cotton blooms beginning to open up.  Once they are all in bloom it is like looking at a field of white snow.  Maybe i will get you a picture soon so you can see for yourself the beauty of the cotton.



I think of the days back when I went to the little red school house.  This was where I got my start of my future life and what I would become as a lady in the world.
I have so many memories of this school house.  If only the children today could just get a taste of our world I would hope they would want to be there also just as we were.

Oh my, do you rremember the S&H stamps?  My mother would lick and paste into her book and once it was full would pick out a prize she wanted from saving them.  The more you saved the better the  item to pick from.  I don't think anything like this is in our world today.
Just a short note to say welcome in the month of September.  I hope yours will be a great one and you find much happiness in the days to come.

Just Me
Barbara

1 comment:

Thread N Stitches said...

BARBARA,
I have some of those green stamps. I don't know how many books. One day I will ck and see, and let you know.

KG