Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Mothers Prayer

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,With little time to stop and pray, For life's been anything but calm,Since you called on me to be a mom.
Running errands, matching socks,Building dreams with building blocks. Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes, And other stuff that children lose.
Fitting lids on bottled bugs,Wiping tears and giving hugs.A stack of last week's mail to read,So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute Lord, Just at the sink or ironing board,To ask the blessings of your grace, I see them in my small one's face,
That you have blessed me all the while,As I stop to kiss that precious smile.
Today is my first borns 44th Birthday. Oh my, did I just give my age away?
Happy Birthday son, may you have many more to come.
Love Mom

No comments: